Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Commisioned work progress

On this past Saturday, February 19th. I finally got some time to conjure up some design ideas for my latest accepted recycled commission piece of art for a Hockey dad. I am starting out with a (broken third time replaced $230.00 + goalie stick) out of it for him and his son. So that's where I was at on Saturday.

So far, I have put together an idea to mix the stick with pictures , lighting, plexiglass, netting and goal cage materials. I think it was a very constructive creative time period for me. Just brought the stick home yesterday. I am looking for some other recycled items now.

The other thing I did this week end was I started to expand my 1 of 1 studio to 240 square feet. I know it does not sound like a lot but, it is for me. I still retained my old work space which we are changing into our staining and painting room only (AKA) clean room, Ha!, Ha!, we all know that is not true. We are very excited about the expanded creative space.

I will add pictures of my new shop when I get all the goodies together and start to assemble the work space. I forgot to add my original six carvings from the 80's when I started carving. So I will add those too.

If you are interested in having me do something for you let me know. I am currently working on 4 commissions right now. I also had a Vermont person inquire the other day on the types of art I had for sale ( I do not make stuff and then sell them, I only do commissioned work) and the types of work I do. I try all mediums of carving. I know there are many carvers out there better than myself. What is better though? I responded to Vermont, so I may have 5 commissioned pieces to work on.

I am looking into trying my hand at some artistic leather masks. you could use them for display or to wear to parties or the Renaissance festivals. If interested let me know. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog today.

Dutch

No comments:

Post a Comment